The KTL 1000 Hand held Pocket Wind Meter is accurate, durable and affordable.
This meter measures Air Speed (Velocity) on HEPA equipment inlet and exhaust. Air flow velocity can be easily converted to Cubic Feet of Air (CFM) Flow, see Air Flow Conversion Formulas.
- Large liquid crystal display which is easy to read under almost any conditions.
- Three operating modes: wind speed, average wind speed, and maximum wind speed.
- The display units can be changed at any time, with choices to suit a wide variety of applications (knots, meters per second, kilometers per hour, miles per hour, or feet per minute).
- A precision ultra-light impeller mounted in jewel bearings measures wind speed.
- This impeller yields high accuracy (± 3%) and a low startup speed (0.3 M/S).
- Shock-mounted in a glass reinforced plastic housing which can simply be popped out and replaced with a new assembly in the event that the impeller mechanism becomes worn or damaged.
- The Kestrel is waterproof and floats.
- The hard case slips on and off easily, protecting the display and all moving parts from damage.
- Performance is guaranteed for one full year.
- US Patent No. 5,783,753.
On-axis Accuracy: +/-3% of reading or +/-least significant digit, whichever is greater.
Off-axis Response: -1% @ 5 °, -2% @ 10 °, -3% @ 15 °.
Calibration Drift: <2% after 100 hours operation at 7 M/S.
Minimum Speed: 0.3 M/S (~0.6 KT, 1KM/H, 0.7 MPH, 60 FPM).
Maximum Speed: 40 M/S (~78 KT, 144 KM/H, 89 MPH, 7830 FPM). Some loss of accuracy from bearing wear may occur with sustained operation over 25 M/S.
Operating Modes: Moving three second average (wind speed), average since power-on (AV) or maximum three second gust since power-on (MAX).
Type: Reflective LCD.
Digit Height: 0.4” (10 mm).
Update: 1 second.
Range: 0.0 to 19.9, 20 to 199.
Units: Knots (KT), meters per second (M/S), kilometers per hour (KM/H), miles per hour (MPH) or feet per minute (FPM).
Buttons: Two sealed tactile rubber buttons control all functions.
Auto Shutdown: 30 minutes after last key press.
Battery: User-replaceable CR2032 coin cell. Typical life is 400 hours.
Sealing: Electronics enclosure IP67, water resistant to 3’ (1 meter). Unit floats.
Shock: Drop tested to 6’ (2 meters).
Temperature: Operating range: -5° F to 122° F (15° C to 50° C). Storage range: -4° F to 176° F (20° C to 80° C).
Impeller: Diameter 1” (25mm). High precision jewel bearings. User replaceable impeller assembly.
Case: Slip-on hard case protects display, buttons and impeller.
Dimensions: Unit, 4.8” x 1.7” x 0.6” (122 x 42 x 14 mm); case, 4.6” x 1.8” x 0.7” (117 x 46 x 19 mm); lanyard, 10” (0.5 m).
Weight: Unit, 1.5 ounces (43 grams); case, 0.8 ounces (23 grams).
Full one-year warranty on entire system covers manufacturing defects.
Spare removable impeller